GCSE Results 2018
Congratulations to the class of 2018 who achieved beyond target and beyond their perceived potential as shown by national benchmarking.
Notable successes include:
- 100% 7+ in Triple Science;
- Subjects with at least 80% 4+ include: English; French; German; History; Music and PE;
- Of the 18 GCSE subjects studied, students achieved grade 9s in 15 of them.
The new grade 4 is roughly the same as the ‘old’ grade C; a grade 7 is the same as the ‘old’ A grade. Grade 9 is above the ‘old’ A*.
Progress and Attainment 8 data published by the Department for Education shows the following:
Progress 8 ALL students: 0.40
Attainment 8 ALL students: 47.8
Progress 8 Disadvantaged students: -0.02
Attainment 8 Disadvantaged: 37
% entered for Ebacc 41%; 35% achieving a standard pass; 27% achieving a strong pass.
Our Progress Outcomes also show that in Suffolk we are:
- 6th in Suffolk for adding value
- 2nd in Suffolk for adding value to ‘high attainers’
- 2nd for adding value to all students in Science
- 3rd for adding value to ‘low attainers’
- 3rd for the number of students achieving the Ebacc qualification
- In the top 10 of all schools for adding value in English and Languages
- 1st for adding value to ‘high attainers’ in Science
OFSTED Report June 2017
OFSTED visited Ixworth Free School on 20 and 21 June 2017 for the first time. We are already addressing the issues that the inspection report indicates ‘requires improvement’; and are pleased that our successes, including the ‘rich’ and ‘stimulating environment in which to learn’ are highlighted in the report.
The Headteacher will keep parents up-to-date with the school’s progress as against the Ofsted Improvement Plan through the half-termly Open Parents’ Forum meetings and the newsletter. A summary of the Post Ofsted Improvement Plan can be found here.