Please click on the links below for important information and useful documents about exam preparation during Y11.
- Y11 Mock Examination Revision Tips
- Y11 Mock Exam Timetable – W/C 5 Feb 2018
- Y11 Mock Exam Timetable – W/C 19 Feb 2018
- Y11 Holiday Revision Tasks (December 2017)
- Y11 Progress Evening Letter
- Y11 GCSE Mock Examination Results
- Y11 Michaelmas HT Revision Letter
- Y11 Michaelmas Mock Examination Timetable
- Y11 Michaelmas HT Revision Topics
- Resistant Materials Mini Test
- Smart Materials Work Sheet
- MFL Additional Resources
Follow up to the Year 11 mock examinations
I have been very impressed by the manner in which your sons and daughters have approached the first round of mock examinations. Whilst some students clearly needed to revise more for particular examinations, their work ethic – at this point of the academic year – is the most impressive I have seen in any of the schools I have ever worked in. If they carry on in this vein, each individual student will be successful in securing their first choice of Post 16 school/college and the school will see another set of fantastic GCSE results in the summer.
Over the coming weeks, Mrs Parker will write to you with details of additional revision sessions/collapsed days and will also be in contact with individual parents re. changes to timetables and / or particular GCSE subjects. I should also take this opportunity to explain the process re. the marking and moderation of the mock examinations. As there are new GCSE specifications across all subjects, our moderation process will involve the other schools in the Trust. This means that we will release the mock examination results on 1st December and that this will be followed by Progress Evening on 13th December.
If you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs Parker of Mr King in the first instance.
Mr M Barrow